The Gypsy remained stuck in limbo. She saw the need to appear as though all was well even though it most obviously was not. She spent her days and nights visiting water in all forms. Lakes, ponds, rivers, oceans – searching, seeking and wondering what it was going to take to make her feel whole. The Gypsy challenged herself time and time again to find the anchor that would solidify her existence as she floated with a heaviness that somehow remained unseen by those around her and defied her feelings. She was, by her own estimate about half-way to her destination. Water provided answers in currents, waves and ripples. Water – the essence of life without which there would be no life. She sought out water. She thirsted for life.
Numbness is feeling too
It radiates her eyes.
Nothing hurts her anymore
Not even wretched lies.
She’s numb from life;
Appears it from the outside
But inside we can’t see.
Like the duck that floats the water
She looks calm now, most serene
But peer beneath the
It’s quite a different scene.
As water flows right off her back
Protective outer feathers shine
Oh but what of those webbed feet
What of her racing mind?
Photo courtesy of http://www.freefoto.com/index.jsp
- ~ The Soldier ~ from Pillar 1 of “5 Pillars of the Gypsy” (journeyofthegypsy.wordpress.com)
- the #Gypsy (continues) Flying on the Wings of Change (journeyofthegypsy.wordpress.com)
- ~ The Gypsy’s 1st Mission ~ Join the Dance (journeyofthegypsy.wordpress.com)
- the Gypsy’s Pilgrimage (journeyofthegypsy.wordpress.com)
- I am Not a Gypsy but …. (inspirationimport.wordpress.com)