SILHOUETTE. The proper definition of a silhouette is “the outline of a body viewed as circumscribing a mass.” In photography, often we achieve that effect by putting light behind the object whose silhouette we want to capture, effectively darkening out the features of the subject instead of highlighting them.
My silhouette is just makes the grade as one, even though some of the colour comes through. I was attracted to the foliage that from a distance took on a heart shape. (Hagia Sophia, Istanbul Turkey)
This post is part of the Daily Post Weekly Photo Challenge which I have not participated in prior to today but seems like a fun thing to do if I have the shot to fit!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette (itlnbrt.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette (arindammohapatra.wordpress.com)
- WordPress’ Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette (lensandpensbysally.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette (windagainstcurrent.com)